A recipe for crazy times.
It’s been a crazy time. It is a crazy time. I vacillate between calm trust, and pure anxiety. For someone already prone to anxiety this is quite the test of will.
I hope this finds whoever is reading it with loved ones, feeling safe, feeling hopeful.
I have asked my husband so many times over the years, but what it there is a pandemic..?
And now we are here.
And I am alone with the kids in North America and he is thousands of miles away in Kenya.
I’ve got this.
All these years of moving around the world, an upcoming move back to Kenya, the hardships and fear and unexpected, and more fear, and I’ve got this.
One step at a time. That’s all I have to do. That’s all any of us have to do.
I have always been a passionate (obsessed) believer in nutrition. Did you see this? How Vietnam has handled the virus?
“First, the doctors are required to treat the symptoms, like fever. Second, the patients are placed on a strict, nutritious diet.”
I have read of isolated patients in the States who are offered cheeseburgers and fries and I am shocked at the lack of understanding between what we feed our bodies and how our bodies function.
I wanted to share my favorite salad that has been keeping me going through the stress, keeping me healthy, and just plain yummy. Could not be easier to make…
- One bunch kale
- Any kind of nut ( I love Brazil in this)
- Shitake mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Rinse and soak kale in salted cold water for about 10 minutes.
- While kale is soaking, heat olive oil in pan and sauté mushrooms, shallots and chopped up nuts.
- Rinse kale and chop as finely as you like.
- Cover with vinegar and lemon, salt and pepper.
- Add hot olive oil, mushroom, shallot, nut mixture.
- Toss so kale becomes wilted, maybe add a bit more olive oil.
- Try not to eat it all before you get to the table.
Stay safe. Wash those hands!